As guys we all like to think we’re great in the sack, but most of us fall short in some area, be it stamina, endurance, strength or recovery.
“If you want to fire up your libido and become an Olympian in the bedroom, then you need to eat and train like you would for any other specialist sport.”
Better callisthenic fitness, stamina and the right diet will increase your performance; control and blood flow to the penis.
Here are our 11 Sex BOOSTING tips.
- Eat more protein– Eating more protein will increase your testosterone levels, where a low protein or vegetarian diet can reduce it. As men we need higher levels of testosterone for fat loss and sex-drive.
- Don’t diet – Most diets are design for women and ultimately aren’t what you’re body needs long term. Instead eat a balanced, cleaner diet of meat and veg. Try to avoid processed foods, they can lower your testosterone levels (read our 6-pack cheat sheet for more info). A more Mediterranean diet of good fats, lean meat, oily fish, cheese, red wine, real yogurt and eggs is the way to go. Just think how healthy and “randy” the Italians are, but I would avoid pasta and grains.
- Don’t eat too late or too much – This will make you feel full and tired at the end of a day. If sex is on your mind then treat it like a workout, would you eat a big meal before training?
- Exercise at least 3 times per week – You want that stamina on demand and if you don’t use it you lose it. Consistency in the gym will give you consistency in the bedroom.
- Do HIIT workouts as part of your training; – This will help to increase anaerobic stamina and blood flow. HIIT training increases testosterone, builds muscle, reduces fat and gives you that high paced endurance required in the heat of the moment.
- Do callisthenics training or big compound movement lifting – You want to engage and fire up your entire body during training. This will increase your testosterone levels. I’ve found that calisthenic training is particularly good for creating the bedroom body, the stronger core give you more control in all the right places at all the right times.
- Get enough sleep – This is one I mention ALL the time. Men who get 8hrs of sleep have less stress hormone, higher testosterone and higher growth hormone levels. If you’re tired and stressed then you won’t even want sex.
- Supplementation – If you have a balanced diet then you shouldn’t need supplementation. But if you want a boost take (good quality) vitamin E and C to help maintain testosterone. Zinc will help in the production of sperm so you can “go again” more quickly. High Zinc levels are the main reason oysters are seen as an aphrodisiac. If you like oysters, then you may also be pleased to know that a resent study proved that amino acids contained inside the oysters increase your sex hormones, so they’re still one of the best aphrodisiacs.
- Don’t over train – This can compound your stress hormones levels and reduce your testosterone. Get enough rest in between sessions.
- Sleep naked – The skin on skin releases the hormone oxytocin, which increases the feelings of comfort. Oxytocin has other benefits as well like making you feel more aroused, it increases feelings of trust, lowers heart rate, reduces blood pressure and simply makes you more ready for sexual interaction. This also has great psychological benefits and can improve the quality of your sleep.
- Have Sex – like any training, the more you do it the stronger and better you get.
Building you’re perfect bedroom body is great motivation for training. Some train for events or competitions, your goal may be to become a confident, all night lover!